Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pocket Mini-Album & "Made it Myself" Blog Hop Entry

I saw a book like this while I was surfing around and absolutely fell in love with the look of it. I found a fabulous UTube that explains how to create this step by step, including the measurements. I will say, this is one project where precise cuts and scores are essential! The book is made using chipboard and cardstock, pockets are created and you put tags and mini-books in those slots. If you're giving this as a gift you could choose to leave it blank and let the recipient fill it or you can choose to fill it for them. I think this turned out really cute - it was time consuming, but I think worth it. If anyone is interested in a link to the UTube I found, drop me a note and I will email that right to you!!


I'm going to enter this into a blog hop - "Made it Myself" Monday! The button, if you also want to enter this hop is on the left side of my blog. There's lots of talent in the buttons there!!











As you can see, I was short by one ring for the binding, but it will have 3-rings when I'm done. This was a lot of work, but I love how it turned out!! Hope you enjoyed it!!

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic! I especially love the butterfly on the front- did you make this or buy it somewhere? (I want one!) I would love it if you would send me the youtube link for this. I'd love to make one! If you do not follow Alex at You Had Me at Craft- you should. You should also link this project to her Make it Yourself Monday post.
    Here's the link:
    http://www.youhadmeatcraft.com/2011/05/week-2-made-it-myself-mondays.html

    You have made some fabulous projects lately! Keep posting!!
    :)

    JulieK
    http://jk-littlebitofbling.blogspot.com/

    littlebitofbling@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete